Hosting provider intergenia acquires internet24

July 10, 2013 by  

Web Hosting ServicesHuerth/Cologne – intergenia is pleased to announce that it has acquired the German managed hosting services provider internet24 GmbH. intergenia is a leading international supplier of professional web hosting and server solutions. With this acquisition, intergenia strengthens its position as one of the leading providers of managed hosting in Germany.

internet24 GmbH is headquartered in Dresden with 35 staff members, and was founded in 1997. The company specialises in providing managed hosting services in all German-speaking countries. internet24 currently has 20,000 customers including a number of global ecommerce companies.

Jan-Jaap Jager, CEO of intergenia, said “We have known the internet24 team for a long time and are glad to have them on board as part of the intergenia group. The combination of intergenia’s managed hosting brand PlusServer with internet24 will help our managed hosting business unit to become one of the leading providers in German-speaking countries.”

“For some time we have been looking for the right partner to help us put our business development strategy into practice,” said internet24’s CEO Heiko Heerwagen. “Hence, we consider the acquisition by intergenia as an important step towards implementing our strategy. Together with intergenia, we will be able to provide our customers with the best technology and price-performance-ratio.”

About intergenia
intergenia trades under four different hosting brands – PlusServer, serverloft, and Server4You, and is headquartered in Cologne, Germany. The group owns data centres in Strasbourg, France and St Louis, USA. It hosts more than two million active websites and around 40,000 servers. intergenia has a geographically diversified customer base, composed predominantly of SME customers, and is one of the German market leaders in providing dedicated hosting to SMEs. In November 2011, Oakley Capital Private Equity acquired 51 % stake in intergenia; the remaining 49 % is held by intergenia’s founders.

About internet24
internet24 GmbH is a premium hosting provider based in Dresden, Germany. The company primarily serves business customers, ranging from small businesses to globally operating enterprises. Since it was founded in September 1997, more than 20,000 customers have chosen internet24, including companies like AOK PLUS, Melitta, TUI, Netto Marken-Discount and AMD. The company’s core business, in addition to classic web hosting and server solutions, is the design, implementation and ongoing support of individual server solutions. This includes high availability Internet applications and complex server clusters.

Want to receive FREE alerts when your website is down? Sign-up for free website monitoring at

Be Sociable, Share!


Comments are closed.