OW2 Unveils Program of First Cloud Interoperability Week, an Event Dedicated to Promoting Openness and Interoperability in Cloud Computing
July 22, 2013 by FindMyHost News
Web Hosting Services – Oscon, Portland, OR – OW2, the global open source community for open source infrastructure software and application platforms unveils the program of the first Cloud Interoperability Week, at the O’Reilly Open Source Convention. A global event, Cloud Interoperability Week aims to contribute to the emergence of an ecosystem of standards-compliant interoperable cloud solutions.
Recognizing open source collaborative innovation’s key role in shaping the cloud computing landscape, Cloud Interoperability Week will be a great opportunity to experiment with prominent open cloud projects.
Cloud Interoperability Week will be held simultaneously in Europe – Madrid, Spain – and in the US – Santa Clara, CA – during the week of September 16-20, 2013. The event includes cloud plugfest testing sessions in Santa Clara and Madrid, a one-day workshop, and hands-on tutorials. The event is co-organized by OW2 in cooperation with five major standard organizations, DMTF, ETSI, OASIS, OGF and SNIA, and the OCEAN European FP7 project.
Interoperability Testing Sessions will take place from September 16-19 in Santa Clara and from September 19-20 in Madrid. Participants will be able to test the compliance of their solutions with cloud standards such as OCCI, CDMI, CIMI, OVF and CAMP.
Participants attending the Workshop Day, on September 18 in Madrid, will discuss the state of the art in cloud computing standards and interoperability. Confirmed contributions include:
- SAJACC: The NIST Cloud Use Case Test Definition Project, Alan Sill, OGF
- ETSI Cloud Standards Coordination (CSC) project status, Margot Dor, ETSI
- Apache CloudStack, Sébastien Goasguen, Citrix
- OpenNebula, Open Source Data center virtualization, Ignacio Llorente, OpenNebula Project Director
- Inter-cloud Interoperability, Frederic Dang Tran, Orange Labs & OW2 SIROCCO Project
- OCEAN services for Open Cloud projects, Yuri Glikman, Fraunhofer Fokus Institute
- OCCI Core XML representation for code generation, Jean Parpaillon, Silkan
- Cloud and standards, what’s the point?, Jean-Pierre Laisné, CompatibleOne Leader
- Security interoperability through a labeling system, Antonio Ramos, Leet Security
- Towards a reference architecture for a Cloud Interoperability Framework, Peter Deussen, Fraunhofer Fokus Institute
- TTCN-3 test framework for OCCI based Cloud Ecosystems, Yongzheng Liang, University of Stuttgart
- Up In The Air: The ARTIST approach to migrate legacy applications to Cloud while taking the most from standards. Leire Orue-Echevarria Arrieta, ARTIST Project
The Tutorials, scheduled from September 19-20 in Madrid, will showcase leading open cloud projects and IaaS platforms including OpenStack, OpenNebula, CloudStack, CompatibleOne and ProActive. These tutorials will take place alongside the testing sessions.
“OW2 is proud to bring open technologies to the table at Cloud Interoperability Week,” says OW2 CEO Cedric Thomas, “it will be a great opportunity to experiment with state-of-the-art open cloud projects,” he adds.
Cloud Interoperability Week in Madrid will be co-located with an OGF meeting (OGF 39) and the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI) Technical Forum 2013.
Registration is free and open to all.
Register online at: http://www.cloudplugfest.org/cloud-interoperability-week/registration
OW2 is an independent global industry community dedicated to developing open source code infrastructure (middleware and generic applications) and to fostering a vibrant community and business ecosystem. A non-profit organization, the OW2 Consortium hosts some one hundred technology projects, including ASM, Bonita, CHOReOS, CLIF, CompatibleOne, CONTRAIL, eXo Platform, JOnAS, JORAM, Petals ESB, ProActive, SpagoBI, SugarCRM, Talend Studio, WebLab and XWiki. Visit http://www.ow2.org
About Cloud Interoperability Week
Kicking off September 16, 2013, the first Cloud Interoperability Week promotes interoperability and standards in cloud software and services in both open source and commercial projects. Cloud Interoperability Week brings together cloud stakeholders such as developers, project leaders and open cloud communities. The event includes cloud plugfest testing sessions to test compliance with main standards, a one-day workshop, and hands-on tutorials. This event is supported by the European Commission and co-ordinated by ETSI, OCEAN FP7 project and the OW2 Community in cooperation with DMTF, OASIS, OGF and SNIA. Participants may attend remotely or in person in Santa Clara, CA, September 16-18, or Madrid, Spain, September 18-20. Visit http://www.cloudplugfest.org/cloud-interoperability-week
Want to receive FREE alerts when your website is down? Sign-up for free website monitoring at UptimeSpy.com.