Parallels Announces Recipients of its Fifth Annual Partner Awards
February 25, 2014 by FindMyHost News
RENTON, WA and NEW ORLEANS, LA — Parallels, a leading hosting and cloud services enablement provider, introduced its newest offerings to address the evolving cloud computing opportunities for small to medium businesses (SMBs) at Parallels Summit 2014. According to Parallels recently released SMB Cloud Insights™ research, the global market for SMB cloud was $62 billion in 2013 and is projected to grow by 26% CAGR to more than $125 billion by 2016. The growth is largely being driven by increased use of cloud services, from 5 services in 2013 to more than 9 services by 2016.
Businesses are getting their services from many providers, which results in more time and resources spent managing IT and service providers not maximizing their opportunities. In order to capture these opportunities, hosters and service providers need to have the right underlying platform to be able to deliver a relevant, integrated and easy-to-use set of services to their customers. Parallels makes that possible.
Parallels Automation with APS 2 is the leading platform for SaaS delivery with more than 500 services available through private, public and hybrid clouds. Now, Parallels Automation with APS 2 is also the leading platform for IaaS delivery. With Parallels Automation, a single platform now manages and provisions IaaS based on the leading Cloud Management Platforms and leading Virtualization and Storage solutions. This gives Parallels partners the choice they need to take advantage of market growth with the technologies customers prefer to support a diversity of use cases – including virtual data centers, business applications, enterprise applications, e-business hosting, test and development, batch computing, and SaaS applications.
Parallels Plesk is the leading Web Management solution designed for shared hosting businesses, designers, digital agencies, SMB IT professionals and application developers – each optimized to how they use Plesk on a day-to-day basis.
“Right now, businesses everywhere are moving to the cloud faster than ever,” said Birger Steen, chief executive officer, Parallels. “For the first time in history, critical business technology is as accessible for the florist on Main Street as it is for the behemoths of Wall Street. As a result, the SMB cloud industry is growing 30-40% year over year. Service Providers working with Parallels are able to tap into this growth with a proven platform and approach to make the cloud work for all types of businesses, small and large.”
New Cloud Services Solutions
- Parallels Plesk 12 provides a new security core with Atomicorp ModSecurity rules that provide powerful server-to-site security right out of the box, and a new WordPress toolkit that will help hosters mass-manage and secure multiple wordpress installs, including all plug-ins and themes, in their infrastructure. This will provide a better and more secure customer experience.
- Windows Azure Pack APS Package enables service providers to rapidly deploy Microsoft’s Windows Azure Pack services through the APS for Parallels Automation. The Windows Azure Pack helps service providers to offer the advanced cloud capabilities of Windows Azure services based on their own infrastructure. These technologies include the ability to offer IaaS and hosted databases with virtual networks, high-density scalable web sites, as well as an enterprise service bus. The Parallels Automation environment allows for seamless provisioning of these new services, as well as the consolidated billing with other offerings in the service provider’s environment.
- Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator APS Package enables the rapid deployment of highly differentiated public infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud offerings based on the Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator (FCO) with automated billing, provisioning and customer management provided by Parallels Automation. When the Flexiant APS Package is deployed with Parallels Automation, FCO provides compute, network and storage orchestration; end user self-service control panels; APIs; and support for a full range of virtualization technologies including Parallels Cloud Server.
- APS Packaged IaaS offerings now available from IBM/Softlayer and Hostway. For service providers who want a low barrier to entry and fast time to market IaaS solution, both IBM/Softlayer and Hostway have APS packages to enable syndication of their infrastructure through Parallels Automation.
- IDSync® APS package from InnerApps enables hybrid cloud scenarios by leveraging the APS 2 Service Bus. Utilizing the IDSync Open AD™ integration methods, ISVs can build on two-way Active Directory® data integration, advanced provisioning, and automated service discovery and configuration for any cloud offering which exploits the unique features of APS 2. This creates exciting new opportunities for service providers to offer unique upselling experiences based on discovery of compatible services, while at the same time providing unified login capabilities.
- Parallels Cloud Server, the only complete solution for cloud virtualization and cloud storage, is now integrated with Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator (FCO) to enable service providers using Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator to deploy cloud infrastructure based on high-performance, high-density Parallels Cloud Server virtualization and storage. Parallels Cloud Server combines Parallels Cloud Storage with Parallels Containers and Parallels Hypervisor to dramatically improve server performance, reliability and profitability.
Additional Service Upgrades
In tandem with new solution offerings, Parallels also announced service improvements for its broad customer base.
- Parallels Cloud University is a completely redesigned, web-based and instructor-led training program for both technical and business staff of service providers — providing education on Parallels products with new levels of certification from beginner to advanced. Developed by professional educators, the new program increases efficiency and ROI by quickly onboarding new service provider staff with industry training relevant to core cloud services.
- Ready-Now Marketing, online marketplace, is a new benefit of the Parallels Partner Program. It provides easy-to-use, cost-effective marketing resources to help web hosters plan and execute their marketing. Ready-Now Marketing launches with six services from leading agencies including eBridge Marketing Solutions, Semdrive and CakeMail offering special packages and pricing for Parallels Partners. Services include sales conversion optimization, search engine optimization, PPC advertising, press release support, content creation and access to email marketing tools.
Parallels Summit 2014 addresses all aspects of the company’s service provider enablement solutions and business: Parallels service delivery software, expansion of the widest cloud services catalog, the broadest partner ecosystem, proprietary industry research and analysis, and a suite of go-to-market consulting and implementation services.
Summit attendees include over 1,200 of the most prominent leaders in the hosting industry, including executives from Platinum and Gold event sponsors Microsoft and Cisco, among others. A detailed agenda of planned sessions and activities is available at http://www.parallels.com/summit/2014/.
Parallels is a worldwide leader in hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 900 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.